SP System Map 1944

SP System Map 1944
Click on the map to view full scale

Cascade Sub

N Scale - Era __?
Owner: Rick ___ ( SOUPAC )

Layout Loacation: Kansas City, MO

"The moment I first learned about Southern Pacific’s route over the Cascade Mountains in Oregon, I knew I would have to model it someday. I had no idea that “someday” was that far away.
Though I’ve restricted my modeled area to that between Oakridge and Cascade Summit, there’s an abundance of selective compression involved. Yet, its going to be a scenic monster, which plays right into my preferred aspects of the hobby of model railroading.
I'm modeling a section of the line just from Oakridge, OR to Cascade Summit. My rendition of SP's crossing of the Cascades. Virtually the whole thing is on a grade and darn little tangent track can be found.

No comments: